Header/Navigation Bar

Monday, July 20, 2015

My Blog Vision (and an IMPORTANT Update about my Functional Academic Unit Overview)

I am so thankful for this summer and the time that I have had to make some cool products, connect with AMAZING special educators, and reflect on what I want this blog to be.


What is my vision for this blog? I want to provide all of you, wonderful, special educators, with resources and strategies for teaching extra special kiddos. 


The truth is, yes, I make products, but there are SO many other amazing products out there. I want this to be place where you can find a plethora of information and resources from me and also from other individuals. This upcoming school year, I hope to take the time to blog about my lesson planning process and about the resources and products that I am using in my classroom (whether I made them or not). The goal of my blog is not to promote myself and my products (although, I will promote them a bit ;)). The goal of my blog is to help make your life easier so that you can DELIGHT in your job and in your students. We have a stressful job, which is why we all have to stick together.

With that said, I have updated my unit plans to include YEAR 2! (Click on the cover to head over to my store and download.)


Year 2 has a variety of new themes. The lifeskills pretty much have stayed the same. I have also adjusted my words and letters. I include a list of resources that I used to create the word and letter order. I encourage you to check them out!
Also, because I have used a few outside sources to create this new, updated plan, my unit plans are now and forever FREE! I will be following Year 2 for the 2015-2016 school year so most of my blog postings will correlate with Year 2. With that said, Year 2 is still GROWING (and Year 1 is COMPLETE). I will be adding onto Year 2 as I plan and adapt for my own classroom. The two main components of the plans that are not complete are the books that I will be using and the "What are we learning?" sheets.

What about the standards information? The standards sheets can be used to plan which standards will be taught each unit. I have included blank editable sheets and completed sheets. The completed sheets reference the CORE CONTENT CONNECTORS, which are the standards that have been created for students with significant disabilities in correlation with the Common Core State Standards and the Learning Progressions Framework. They have NOT been adopted by all states. Read more about them on the NCSC website:http://www.ncscpartners.org/ You can find the actual CCCs at:https://wiki.ncscpartners.org/mediawiki/index.php/Core_Content_Connectors



I am so excited about this new season of collaboration! Please feel free to comment below with any questions or comments or email me at delightfullydedicatedspecialed@gmail.com. 

Also, do not forget to check out the awesome Special Education E-Book and enter my giveaway! Read my previous blog post for more information!

Thanks! 
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment