Header/Navigation Bar

Sunday, June 14, 2015

One Lovely Blog Award

I feel so honored to have been nominated by wonderful Nicole at the Adventures in the ATC for the One Lovely Blog Award. This past year has been a whirlwind and I definitely neglected blogging as I tried to navigate my first year of teaching special education. With that said, I have been so thankful for the teaching blogging community. I have had the opportunity to get to know some wonderful teachers and bloggers this year. I have learned so much by reading blogs, connecting via facebook, and looking at beautiful pictures of classrooms and lessons on instagram. Social media is truly a wonderful way for us all to connect and collaborate. I cannot tell you how many times one of my co-workers or paraprofessionals have asked me, "Where did you get that idea?" and I simply respond "My special-ed teacher friends online."



Here are some fun facts about me:

1. I just moved YESTERDAY back to my hometown after being away for six years!
2. I just finished my first year of teaching students with moderate to severe disabilities.
3. My "little" brother has Down Syndrome. He has obviously made a HUGE impact on me and my career choice ;)
4. This is my first summer in 4 summers not working at a summer camp.
5. I love Jesus.
6. I have had the opportunity to spend time in Europe hanging out with kiddos and adults with disabilities.
7. I have a new obsession with Lularoe, which is a super comfy, stylish brand of clothing that I just discovered.
8. I love buying new books and I love the idea of reading but I rarely spend time doing it.
9. I am a homebody (recently).
10. I am addicted to coffee.

I nominate the following wonderful bloggers because I am enjoying learning from both of you!

Jennipher of Teach.Love.Autism
Julie of Laughing & Little Learners

Comment below to accept and then have fun blogging all about YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment